Wednesday, December 19, 2007

AVG Review


In this short article I'm going to review the most well-known Anti-Virus program out today which is AVG Anti-Virus. This product is really straight forward, simple to setup, and use. The free version only includes the Anti-Virus while paid additions include things such as
  • Anti-Spyware
  • 24/7 technical support
  • Firewall
  • Multiple Languages
The install was fairly quick and it goes through each step and tells you what you need to do to get the program up and running. When I started the program their are two different ways you can scan. One is the less process extensive but slower scan which is the one I chose. When they say slow they do mean slow! It took well over an hour and a half to completely scan my 150 GB system.

The other option is the faster but more hardware intensive scan. At this time I can not figure out how to choose this option after you selected how you want to scan. This is the one thing I really didn't like so much about the program. Besides that the program worked seamlessly without any hiccups. AVG actually found a couple of Virus definitions I wasn't aware about! So overall i would give AVG a.....
4 out of 5

We at
Infinite Computer Designs bundle all of our systems with this free program. That means you have instant virus protection for no extra cost!





No comments: